The current calendar component in Studio is based on guessing a user’s local time. When scheduling content we ask you to select a timezone. In the current setup we do some work to ‘fight’ the calendar component which wants to display the scheduled content relevant to the user’s local time, instead of the timezone it is scheduled in. By refactoring the code we can solve this issue in a proper way.
In an earlier cycle we’ve spent quite some time on fixing our setup for Logging, Monitoring and Alerting. We did spend quite some time on research and trying out various things and added AppSignal to our list of tools. We now want to finish this project.
This project includes some leftover work from the RxJava refactoring that was worked on some time ago. We reserved a bit of time for this in the cycle to continue working on.
We recently planned some speed improvements for iOS, based on measurements we did earlier this year. We now planned this for Android and Backend as well to work on. This should make the platform and browsing experience of our apps faster.
We are going to start building our apps with the iOS 15 SDK so we can start leveraging new iOS 15 features and test if we need to make any changes for the upcoming iOS release later this year. This way we make sure the apps work optimal when Apple decides to launch it.
When looking back on the first App Clip we created, it turned out to be hard to get the App Clip to fit in the 10MB limit set by Apple. We were only able to make it fit if we enabled bitcode. There’s a bug (somewhere in Apple’s toolchain) that makes crash reports for large frameworks that have bitcode enabled near useless. Because we are planning on creating much more App Clips, we need to make changes that make creating and maintaining App Clips future proof. This project will take care of that.
We are constantly doing work on improving the backend of the platform. In the upcoming weeks we are going to wrap up our products model refactor on Android. This means we are refactoring the way product data is handled. By reworking the product API’s our apps will become faster and more flexible.
With this project we are going to make several security improvements to our configuration-repository. This repository contains all configuration settings for all the brands. We also like to take the opportunity to work on the general structure of how we work with the configurations of our apps.
We are constantly doing work on improving the backend of the platform. In the upcoming weeks we are going to further update our products model on Android. This means we are refactoring the way product data is handled. By reworking the product API’s our apps will become faster and more flexible.
We recently let a specialised company perform a security audit on our apps and backend. We prioritised and filtered issues from the audit based on their threat level and whether the issue is actionable. We are going to fix the most important issues so that our platform becomes less prone to potential attacks.